Cardiovascular Events Triggered by Influenza – Lecture CPD 1 Point
In this Healthed lecture, Prof Andrew Sindone explains that influenza has been identified as a trigger for an elevated risk of myocardial infarction (6-10x), stroke (3-8x) and HF hospitalization (5% increase) within 1 week of influenza-like illness. Plausible biological mechanisms for this association are now emerging. Influenza vaccination may prevent cardiovascular events. This has considerable clinical and health policy importance given the profound underuse of vaccination and the potential impact which influenza vaccination may have on high-risk patients.
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
• listen to this Healthed podcast
• click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
• login to your myCPD dashboard
• click on the Quick Log function to log your points
• a 30 minute podcast earns 1 CPD point