Dietary Management of Gestational Diabetes – Lecture
In this Healthed lecture, Susie Burrell – Consultant Accredited Practising Dietitian, explains that gestational diabetes Mellitus (GDM) is the most common perinatal endocrine condition affecting up to 10% of pregnancies in Australia and recommends that dietary interventions focus on optimal energy prescription, carbohydrate balance, nutrient quality and the appropriate use of medical nutrition therapy.
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
• listen to this Healthed podcast
• click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
• login to your myCPD dashboard
• click on the Quick Log function to log your points
• a 30 minute podcast earns 1 CPD point