Functional Gut Disease in Infants – Colic, Constipation, Reflux – Lecture
Functional gut disorders are very common in infancy. They are generally self-limiting and rarely represent an underlying pathological diagnosis. Nonetheless, they have a significant impact on parents/carers as well as being a common reason for interactions with healthcare professionals. A thorough history and examination is required to ensure there are no red flags. Parental education/reassurance and nutritional advice are the main management strategies.
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
• listen to this Healthed podcast
• click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
• login to your myCPD dashboard
• click on the Quick Log function to log your points
• a 30 minute podcast earns 1 CPD point