Going Viral: Episode 110
CPD: 1 Point
Going Viral: COVID-19 tests, cases and practice tips
In this episode:
– Nasopharyngeal swab is still the gold standard
– What about false positives and weak positives?
– Understanding the saliva test, point of care tests
– Case 1: Mild/moderate symptoms, first COVID-19 test is negative, when should the next test be done?
– Case 2: Very mild symptoms, positive COVID-19 test, what next?
– Case 3: Contact with confirmed COVID-19 case, asymptomatic, should they be tested, any other action?
– How accurate are the global figures for confirmed cases? Any new tests on the horizon?
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
• listen to this Healthed podcast
• click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
• login to your myCPD dashboard
• click on the Quick Log function to log your points
• a 30 minute podcast earns 1 CPD point