Going Viral: Episode 120
Going Viral: Race to a Vaccine – Understanding the New Vaccine Technologies
In this episode:
– Which vaccines are likely to yield useful results soon?
– What is a molecular clamp? A viral vector? the nucleic acid (the RNA and DNA) vaccines?
– DNA vaccines – integration into host DNA is “the elephant in the room”
Host: Dr David Lim, GP
Guest: Dr Gary Grohmann, Virologist; Vaccine Manufacturing expert; Former Director of Immunobiology and WHO ERL at the TGA, Office of Laboratories and Scientific services
Producer: Dr Ramesh Manocha, GP
Total time: 34 mins
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
• listen to this Healthed podcast
• click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
• login to your myCPD dashboard
• click on the Quick Log function to log your points
• a 30 minute podcast earns 1 CPD point