Going Viral: Episode 146
Deaths in Norway and other developments
In this episode:
– The death rate of the elderly (> 80 yrs) in Norway given the Pfizer-BionTech vaccine is about 1:1,000. Vaccine related deaths are usually between 1:100,000 to 1:1,000,000.
– It is misleading to claim an efficacy of > 90% for the AstraZeneca Oxford vaccine
– Recombinant protein vaccines can be given as a second immunisation for any initial COVID19 vaccine and may be an option for someone who had an adverse reaction to the first dose of another vaccine.
Host: Dr David Lim, GP
Guest: Prof Nikolai Petrovsky, Director of Endocrinology, Flinders Medical Centre; Professor of Medicine at Flinders University; Vice-President and Secretary-General of the International Immunomics Society; Founder of ‘Vaxine’
Total time: 32 mins
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
• listen to 30 minutes of Healthed podcasts
• click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
• login to your myCPD dashboard
• click on the Quick Log function to log your points
• a 30 minute podcast earns 1 CPD point