Going Viral: Episode 46
In this episode:
– New strains are more contagious?
– What if the vaccine is only partially effective?
– Role of convalescent plasma therapy, monoclonal antibodies
– Why were the “10 million test kits” a waste of money?
– Mutation – good news and bad news
– Rumours and innuendo about origins of the virus
Host: Dr Harry Nespolon, GP and RACGP President
Guest: Prof Andrew Lloyd, Infectious Diseases Physician, Head of the Viral Immunology Systems Program (VISP), Kirby Institute, the National Centre for Cancer Survivorship (NCCS) and the UNSW Fatigue Clinic, University of NSW; Prince of Wales Hospital; Justice Health
Producer: Dr Ramesh Manocha, GP
Total time: 19 mins
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
• listen to 30 minutes of Healthed podcasts
• click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
• login to your myCPD dashboard
• click on the Quick Log function to log your points
• a 30 minute podcast earns 1 CPD point