Going Viral: Episode 66
Genetic engineering, synthetic biology and the possibility that Covid-19 is man-made
In this episode:
– Genetic engineering; synthetic biology methodologies are widely available.
– What is “gain of function”, why it is controversial and is it currently permitted?
– Could Covid-19 be man-made? It’s a real possibility and not just a crazy conspiracy theory.
Host: Dr Harry Nespolon, GP and RACGP President
Guests: Prof Raina MacIntyre, Head of Biosecurity, UNSW Kirby Institute
Total time: 18 mins
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
• listen to 30 minutes of Healthed podcasts
• click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
• login to your myCPD dashboard
• click on the Quick Log function to log your points
• a 30 minute podcast earns 1 CPD point