Going Viral: Episode 96
CPD: 1 Point
Going Viral: Universal Vitamin D for Prevention of COVID-19?
In this episode:
– Vitamin D can, directly and indirectly, influence immune response to infection, especially RTIs and hence COVID-19
– Aim for Vitamin D blood levels of 90-100, which requires 3000 IUs/day, for COVID-19 prevention, consider adding Zinc and Vitamin C as well
– 40% of Australians are Vitamin D deficient, especially in lower latitudes – such as Melbourne!
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
• listen to this Healthed podcast
• click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
• login to your myCPD dashboard
• click on the Quick Log function to log your points
• a 30 minute podcast earns 1 CPD point