Perinatal Depression & Anxiety – Lecture
In this Healthed lecture, Dr Nicole Highet explains that depression and anxiety in the perinatal period is a significant problem for many Australian mothers.
Early identification and intervention from frontline health professionals such as GPs and practice nurses can make a huge difference in the mental health and wellbeing trajectory of mothers with this condition. Dr Nicole Highet covers the evidence-based resources designed to assist health professionals to better identify and manage people with this common problem.
– Best practice in perinatal mental healthcare
– Australian Clinical Practice Guideline
– Screening Tools and Assessment Tools
– Management of perinatal mental health – Factsheet series for health professionals
– Management of perinatal mental health – Antenatal factsheets for patients and their families
– Management of perinatal mental health – Postnatal factsheets for patients and their families
– The Truth Perinatal Awareness Campaign
– Find a perinatal mental health professional
– Register on the e-COPE Directory
– iCOPE Digital Screening
– COPE online training for health professionals
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
• Listen to this Healthed podcast
• Click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
• Login to your myCPD dashboard
• Click on the Quick Log function to log your points
• A 30 minute podcast earns 1 CPD point
Enjoy this content?
Each fortnight, Healthed hosts a free webcast featuring leading experts on important topics for healthcare professionals. Register for the upcoming webcast by clicking the button below.