Preconception, Pregnancy and Postnatal Iron Deficiency – Why Earlier Detection and Management is Important – Lecture
In this Healthed lecture, Dr Eslick explains that routine oral iron supplementation is not recommended in pregnancy. Intravenous iron improves haematological parameters compared with oral iron; but the evidence of other maternal or neonatal benefits is less certain. Optimisation of iron stores is particularly important for women with an increased risk of blood loss, or those unable to be transfused.
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
• listen to this Healthed podcast
• click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
• login to your myCPD dashboard
• click on the Quick Log function to log your points
• a 30 minute podcast earns 1 CPD point