Preventing Infectious Disease Outbreaks in Residential Aged Care – Lecture
In this Healthed lecture, Prof Raina MacIntyre, Professor of Global Biosecurity at the Kirby Institute in Sydney, and leading expert on immunisation outlines the range of vaccinations currently available for older Australians, both those that are free and those which cost. In addition, she takes us through the risk versus benefit analysis for each of the available vaccines, including those that involve cost to the patient, which provides a valuable framework for conversations that GPs are likely to have with their elderly patients or their carers.
This educational activity was developed by Healthed at the request of and with funding from GSK.
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
• listen to this Healthed podcast
• click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
• login to your myCPD dashboard
• click on the Quick Log function to log your points
• a 30 minute podcast earns 1 CPD point