The Clinical Takeaway: Kids Eating Magnets!
The Clinical Takeaway: Kids eating magnets!
In this episode:
– Small, powerful magnets are now widely available and ingestions are increasingly common
– Do a neck to pelvis X-ray – standard abdominal or KUB X-ray is not enough
– Long term issues such as stenosis and adhesions in oesophagus and bowel need to be watched
Host: Dr David Lim, GP
Guest: Dr Ruth Barker, Emergency Paediatrician; Director, Queensland Injury Surveillance Unit
Total time: 44 mins
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
• listen to 30 minutes of Healthed podcasts
• click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
• login to your myCPD dashboard
• click on the Quick Log function to log your points
• a 30 minute podcast earns 1 CPD point