The Clinical Takeaway: Lower urinary tract symptoms in men
In this episode:
– Classifying LUTS into storage or voiding issues and then to overactive or underactive bladder is a very helpful way to structure our approach to assessment and management
– If standard therapies fail, and the patient has ongoing symptoms, novel and minimally invasive surgery may be helpful
– Climacturia is a reasonably common complication following radical prostatectomy, learn more about this and how to manage it
Host: Dr David Lim, GP and Medical Educator
Total time: 33 mins
Guest: A/Prof Eric Chung, Urological Surgeon; A/Prof of Surgery, The University of Queensland, and Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, A/Prof of Surgery, The Macquarie University Hospital, Sydney, Chair of Scientific Committee and Membership Committee for the International Society of Sexual Medicine
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
– Listen to 30 minutes of Healthed podcasts
– Click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
– Log in to your myCPD dashboard
– Click on the Quick Log function to log your points
– A 30 minute podcast earns 1 CPD point
Enjoy this content?
Each fortnight, Healthed hosts a free webcast featuring leading experts on important topics for healthcare professionals. Register for the upcoming webcast by clicking the button below.