Women’s and Children’s Health Update: Nutritional Psychiatry
In this episode:
– The current research which indicates an important link between nutrition and mood disorders
– The gut microbiome and its role in maintaining psychological wellness
– How dietary modifications can change brain function in as little as a few weeks
Host: Dr Terri Foran, Sexual Health Physician; Conjoint Senior Lecturer, School of Women’s and Children’s Health, UNSW
Guest: Prof Felice Jacka, Director of the Food & Mood Centre at Deakin University; Founder and President of the International Society for Nutritional Psychiatry Research (ISNPR)
Total time: 16 mins
– The Food & Mood Centre website
– Dr Jack’s books, Brain Changer and There’s a Zoo in my Poo
Low mood? Do you feel stressed? We invite you to participate in The Moo’d Study.
How Do The Proteins In Dairy Affect Our Mood?
This study aims to increase understanding of how different types of milk proteins might influence our health and wellbeing, specifically in women. Women aged 18-75 who can commit to the study for 16 weeks are invited to participate. You will be randomly allocated to receive either the A2 or conventional dairy products, and we will provide you with milk and cheese. Click here to check your eligibility.
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
• listen to 30 minutes of Healthed podcasts
• click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
• login to your myCPD dashboard
• click on the Quick Log function to log your points
• a 30 minute podcast earns 1 CPD point