Women’s and Children’s Health Update: Psychotropic Medications in Pregnancy
In this episode:
– Whether you should stop (or change) an antidepressant drug if a woman wants to fall pregnant?
– The problems associated with applying conventional drug categories to drugs used in pregnancy
– What range of problems are associated with the use of Lithium in pregnancy?
– Where to get the best advice on potential effects of drugs used in pregnancy and while breastfeeding?
Host: Dr Terri Foran, Sexual Health Physician; Conjoint Senior Lecturer, School of Women’s and Children’s Health, UNSW
Guest: Dr Debra Kennedy,
Clinical Geneticist and Paediatrician; Director of MotherSafe
Total time: 25 mins
– Beyond Blue
– The Gidget Foundation Australia
– Post and Antenatal Depression Association (PANDA)
– The UK Teratology Information Service
– ‘BUMPS’ – Best Use of Medicines in Pregnancy Patient Leaflets
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
• listen to 30 minutes of Healthed podcasts
• click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
• login to your myCPD dashboard
• click on the Quick Log function to log your points
• a 30 minute podcast earns 1 CPD point