Acne in the Post-adolescent Female, 2017
Although acne has traditionally been viewed as predominantly affecting adolescents, we now know that a post adolescent form of acne which mainly affects females exists. In these women acne may be persistent from their teens or of late onset and it can often be treatment resistant and/or prone to relapse.
In this presentation I will discuss the pathogenesis of acne and the clinical features which influence our choice of treatment in this group of patients.
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
• listen to 30 minutes of Healthed videos
• click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
• login to your myCPD dashboard
• click on the Quick Log function to log your points
• a 30 minute video earns 1 CPD point