Can I Get Enough Vitamin D from Diet Intake Alone?
Summary: Throughout life, vitamin D plays an important role in skeletal and possibly extra-skeletal health. This talk will highlight the dietary requirements not only of vitamin D, but other important dietary factors to ensure optimal bone health in childhood and adult life. McGrice will cover how to meet dietary requirements for vitamin D with food, how to meet dietary requirements for iron with food, foods that inhibit iron absorption, life stages that require increases in vitamin D, iron and iodine and the top food sources of iodine.
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
• listen to 30 minutes of Healthed videos
• click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
• login to your myCPD dashboard
• click on the Quick Log function to log your points
• a 30 minute video earns 1 CPD point