Identifying and Managing the Impacts of a Post-Polio History
Summary: Polio history is often not considered with a current medical history. With records of 40,000 Australians contracting this disease through the 1950s-1960s, and further numbers from migration, there is a need to understand this neurodegenerative condition. Coupled with the effects of ageing, patients with a history of polio often require specific respiratory, orthopaedic, speech, and exercise recommendations. This session will address recognising the signs and symptoms of the Late Effects of Polio, and considerations with assessment and referral to manage the degree of impact the issues someone will experience.
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
• listen to 30 minutes of Healthed videos
• click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
• login to your myCPD dashboard
• click on the Quick Log function to log your points
• a 30 minute video earns 1 CPD point