Management of Snake Bite
Summary: A/Prof Nimo will provide an overview of snake bite in Australia and current first aid and hospital management. He will touch on some current issues such as the appropriate type and number of vials of antivenom one should give, and when it’s safe to keep and when should you transfer. During the talk he will demonstrate the use of the Snake Venom Detection Kit and discuss when it should be used.
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
• listen to 30 minutes of Healthed videos
• click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
• login to your myCPD dashboard
• click on the Quick Log function to log your points
• a 30 minute video earns 1 CPD point