Palliative Care and Drugs
Summary: GPs are routinely caring for Australians with progressive chronic malignant and non-malignant conditions that usually lead to an expected death. Symptom management at end-of-life can be challenging but is also a common reason that patients are transferred to an inpatient environment. This presentation discusses the use of 8 medicines for management of common terminal symptoms – pain, breathlessness, noisy breathing, nausea and vomiting, restlessness, agitation, anxiety and delirium. An app that familiarises primary care prescribers with these medicines will be introduced.
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
• listen to 30 minutes of Healthed videos
• click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
• login to your myCPD dashboard
• click on the Quick Log function to log your points
• a 30 minute video earns 1 CPD point