Preventing Infectious Disease Outbreaks in Residential Aged Care
Summary: The COVID pandemic has demonstrated to us that the elderly in aged care institutions are particularly vulnerable to infectious disease outbreaks. Many of these diseases can be prevented with immunisations commonly available, some of which are funded but several are not. It’s important to help patients, carers and families weigh up the costs vs the potential benefits when making decisions about which immunisations to have and when, in order to protect the elderly who are in residential care.
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
• listen to 30 minutes of Healthed videos
• click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
• login to your myCPD dashboard
• click on the Quick Log function to log your points
• a 30 minute video earns 1 CPD point