Traveller’s Diarrhoea – A Guide to Assessment, Management and Prevention
Summary: Traveller’s diarrhoea is a common problem that is encountered not only when travelling but also after returning from travel. There are many bugs to consider as well as other practical issues that are geographically specific and all of this will influence how and when to treat. Prevention of the condition will be discussed, and new therapeutic/preventive options will be reviewed including vaccinations, oral immunoglobulin, probiotics. This lecture is very practically focused and will cover most tricky questions that your travelling patients want advice on, all delivered by an experienced travel medicine physician who is well known for his engaging talks.
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
• listen to 30 minutes of Healthed videos
• click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
• login to your myCPD dashboard
• click on the Quick Log function to log your points
• a 30 minute video earns 1 CPD point