Pertussis – Detection, Treatment, Prevention in Adults and the Elderly – Lecture
In this Healthed lecture, A/Prof Liu, will outline the key features of pertussis as it appears in adults, when to suspect it, and how to diagnose and treat it. Importantly, she will also address the issue of pertussis prevention for this cohort and the opportunities that exist to reduce the morbidity and mortality from whooping cough by targeting older adults. Older adults are known to be the ‘infection reservoir’ for pertussis in the community, and yet the disease frequently goes unrecognised, leading to delays in diagnosis and treatment.
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
• listen to this Healthed podcast
• click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
• login to your myCPD dashboard
• click on the Quick Log function to log your points
• a 30 minute podcast earns 1 CPD point
This educational activity was developed by Healthed at the request of and with funding from GSK.