The Clinical Takeaway: Acute Vestibular Syndromes – Part 2
In this episode:
– Acute vestibular and acute transient vestibular syndromes
– The HINTS + assessment… a powerful tool in teasing out those patients at risk of more serious causes of acute vertigo such as posterior circulation stroke
– Confirming the diagnosis of vestibular neuritis
Host: Dr David Lim, GP and Medical Educator
Total time: 53 mins
Guest: Dr Benjamin Tsang, Neurologist; Beach Brain, Specialist Medical Practice, Sunshine Coast; Public SMO Neurology Post, Sunshine Coast University Hospital
Videos provided by Dr Tsang and hospital staff at Sunshine coast&
Head Impulse test
Video shows the head impulse test demonstration.
L) PC BPPV – L) DH UBN and torsional
Video of what left posterior canal BPPV would look like on a left Dix-Hallpike.
Cropped N right HIT +ve left HIT
Video shows an abnormal physical examination finding of an abnormal head impulse test.
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
– Listen to 30 minutes of Healthed podcasts
– Click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
– Log in to your myCPD dashboard
– Click on the Quick Log function to log your points
– A 30 minute podcast earns 1 CPD point
Enjoy this content?
Each fortnight, Healthed hosts a free webcast featuring leading experts on important topics for healthcare professionals. Register for the upcoming webcast by clicking the button below.