The Clinical Takeaway: Epilepsy – issues relating to diagnosis
In this episode:
– There is a bi-directional association between epilepsy and mood disorders
– What are the common triggers of a seizure?
– The tricky issues of informing the authorities regarding driving and employers regarding working with epilepsy – whose responsibility is it
– What is the Epilepsy Management Plan and the Emergency Medication Management plan
Host: Dr David Lim, GP and Medical Educator
Total time: 22 mins
Guest: Prof Samuel Berkovic, Chief Medical Officer and Laureate Professor
– The National Epilepsy Support Service Visit website or contact:
1300 761 487
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
– Listen to 30 minutes of Healthed podcasts
– Click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
– Log in to your myCPD dashboard
– Click on the Quick Log function to log your points
– A 30 minute podcast earns 1 CPD point
Enjoy this content?
Each fortnight, Healthed hosts a free webcast featuring leading experts on important topics for healthcare professionals. Register for the upcoming webcast by clicking the button below.
Register for the free webcast