The Clinical Takeaway: Pertussis vaccination is unfunded but still important
In this episode:
– With the covid vaccinations taking centre stage many vaccines have been overlooked particularly the privately funded ones.
– GPs can build pertussis reminders into our workflow in templates for care plans, ante natal shared care, age-related check-ups, for the high-risk groups of patients, travellers and into our recall systems.
– You can improve pertussis vaccination rates by having the vaccine on hand and offering it opportunistically
– Patients respond well to GP recommendations for vaccinations, so we just need to specifically advise and offer pertussis vaccination
Host: Dr David Lim, GP and Medical Educator
Total time: 24 mins
Guest: Dr Lisa Beecham, General Practitioner; Director, Immunisation Committee, Gold Coast Primary Health Network
This educational activity was developed by Healthed at the request of and with funding from GSK.
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
– Listen to 30 minutes of Healthed podcasts
– Click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
– Log in to your myCPD dashboard
– Click on the Quick Log function to log your points
– A 30 minute podcast earns 1 CPD point
Enjoy this content?
Each fortnight, Healthed hosts a free webcast featuring leading experts on important topics for healthcare professionals. Register for the upcoming webcast by clicking the button below.
Register for the free webcast