An Update on Hypogonadism and Testosterone Replacement – Lecture
In this Healthed lecture, Prof Robert Mclachlan AM, explains that male hypogonadism, caused by intrinsic pathology of the hypothalamic–pituitary–testicular (HPT) axis, is an under-diagnosed condition not to be missed. By contrast, late onset hypogonadism (LOH), due to functional suppression of the HPT axis from age-related comorbidities, may be less common than previously believed. Prof McLachlan will provide an update on current evidence, appropriate testing, which patients should be managed with Testosterone supplementation and which by lifestyle modification alone. An overview of current Testosterone delivery options – cream, gel, patch or injection and which option suits which patient will also be covered.
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
• listen to this Healthed podcast
• click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
• login to your myCPD dashboard
• click on the Quick Log function to log your points
• a 30 minute podcast earns 1 CPD point