Cardiac CTs – Patient Selection and What This Test Means – Lecture
Why is coronary calcium score so important? Prof Playford, will explain why coronary CT is the single best test to identify the presence of coronary atherosclerosis, which is the actual pathology that causes AMI.
Stress tests are useful but they don’t directly detect the pathology itself! Coronary calcium scores give the doctor the necessary information to treat and prevent atherosclerosis-related cardiac events as well as improve symptoms.
This lecture is essential to develop clear understanding of how best to use cardiac CT.
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
– Listen to this Healthed podcast
– Click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
– Log in to your myCPD dashboard
– Click on the Quick Log function to log your points
– A 30 minute podcast earns 1 CPD point