Depression and Menopause – Lecture
In this Healthed lecture, Prof Kulkarni – Psychiatrist and Director at Monash Alfred Psychiatry Research Centre (MAPrc) describes how depressive symptoms can be exacerbated by and sometimes mistaken for menopausal symptoms and vice versa. The interaction between fluctuating levels of reproductive hormones and mental health is complex and important to take into account when clinically assessing the depressed woman of menopausal age. Prof Kulkarni describes her clinical perspective on this issue and provides practical advice.
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
• listen to this Healthed podcast
• click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
• login to your myCPD dashboard
• click on the Quick Log function to log your points
• a 30 minute podcast earns 1 CPD point