Going Viral: Episode 180
Going Viral: Is the current COVID response really protecting the economy?
In this episode:
– From the start the strategy to ditch all COVID restrictions and open the borders was risky
– The National Strategy was designed for Delta rather than the very different Omicron
– Economic activity is down regardless because people voted with their feet and began to lockdown themselves
– Communication from the authorities must be honest, reflect the reality of the situation and carefully manage changes to the strategy to keep the population on board
Host: Dr David Lim, GP and Medical Educator
Total time: 26 mins
Guest: Prof Stephen Duckett, Health Economist; Fellow of the Academy of the Social Sciences in Australia; Health and Aged Care Program Director, Grattan Institute; Australian public policy think tank and Emeritus Professor of Health Policy, La Trobe University
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
– Listen to 30 minutes of Healthed podcasts
– Click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
– Log in to your myCPD dashboard
– Click on the Quick Log function to log your points
– A 30 minute podcast earns 1 CPD point
Enjoy this content?
Each fortnight, Healthed hosts a free webcast featuring leading experts on important topics for healthcare professionals. Register for the upcoming webcast by clicking the button below.