The Clinical Takeaway: Free ‘staff’ for professionals treating suicidal patients
In this episode:
– When someone is suicidal, those who are close to the distressed person do not know what to do and often feel paralysed – because they are not sure what is the right thing to say
– While you as the health professional are nervous when someone is suicidal, family and friends are terrified! This puts quite a burden back onto you.
– The Australian Suicide Prevention Foundation has developed a world-first innovation – a website that gives family and friends the effective words and phrases they can say when dealing with someone who is suicidal
Host: Dr David Lim, GP and Medical Educator
Total time: 28 mins
Guest: Clinical A/Prof David Horgan, Psychiatrist; Honorary Psychiatrist, Royal Melbourne Hospital; Founder, Australian Suicide Prevention Foundation; Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry, University of Melbourne
Find out more by visiting the website and giving those closest to the patient access to this important resource In Tough Times Text
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
– Listen to 30 minutes of Healthed podcasts
– Click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
– Log in to your myCPD dashboard
– Click on the Quick Log function to log your points
– A 30 minute podcast earns 1 CPD point
Enjoy this content?
Each fortnight, Healthed hosts a free webcast featuring leading experts on important topics for healthcare professionals. Register for the upcoming webcast by clicking the button below.