The Clinical Takeaway: Rare disease management in general practice
In this episode:
– Rare diseases together are not rare! Collectively they affect 1:12 Australians
– Learn how to suspect and recognise a rare disease
– We now have a single centre of excellence that is a pathway for referrals, education for all that will serve as a resource hub for patient support groups and a place dedicated to the holistic care of the patient
– Learn about the government-funded Rare Awareness, Education, Support and Training (RArEST) project
Host: Dr David Lim, GP and Medical Educator
Total time: 35 mins
Guest: Dr Elizabeth Palmer, Clinical Geneticist; Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network (SCHN); Lecturer, University of New South Wales
If you are interested in learning more about RArEST, please contact:
1. Sher ER & Ross JA. Allergy Asthma Proc 2014; 35:24-33.
2. Ryaltris Approved Product Information
3. Gross GN et al. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 2019; 122:630-638.
4. Hampel FC et al. Allergy Asthma Proc 2019; 40(4):261-272
5. Segall N et al. Allergy Asthma Prox 2019; 40(5):301-310
6. Bousquet J et al. Allergy 2008; 63:8-160
7. Meltzer E et al, abstract/poster presentation #883, ERS 2021
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
– Listen to 30 minutes of Healthed podcasts
– Click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
– Log in to your myCPD dashboard
– Click on the Quick Log function to log your points
– A 30 minute podcast earns 1 CPD point
Enjoy this content?
Each fortnight, Healthed hosts a free webcast featuring leading experts on important topics for healthcare professionals. Register for the upcoming webcast by clicking the button below.