The Clinical Takeaway: Temporomandibular disorders (TMD)
In this episode:
– TMD is a disorder that has myogenous, psychogenic and autogenous components
– Whilst myogenous causes are the most common, psychogenic factors may be major drivers behind it
– Learn how to differentiate, investigate, and treat these keeping in mind that surgery is really for the very few patients with severe intra-articular pathology
Host: Dr David Lim, GP and Medical Educator
Total time: 44 mins
Guest: Emeritus Prof Alastair Goss, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery; Emeritus Consultant Surgeon, Royal Adelaide Hospital Consultant, Adelaide Dental Hospital; Private Specialist, Practice Medico Legal Consultant; TMJ Advisor, The AOANJRR
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
– Listen to 30 minutes of Healthed podcasts
– Click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
– Log in to your myCPD dashboard
– Click on the Quick Log function to log your points
– A 30 minute podcast earns 1 CPD point
Enjoy this content?
Each fortnight, Healthed hosts a free webcast featuring leading experts on important topics for healthcare professionals. Register for the upcoming webcast by clicking the button below.