The Clinical Takeaway: What are rare cancers… and are all cancers rare?
In this episode:
– Most common cancers are becoming differentiated into to progressively smaller subgroups resulting in many being classed as rare cancers – this fine tuning allows for personalised care and targeted therapies
– Patients are becoming increasingly involved in setting the goals for therapy
– Rare Cancers Australia is a very useful resource for patients that GPs should recommend to patients early in their cancer journey
– GPs will find the support, information and help from this organisation useful for their practice as well
Host: Dr David Lim, GP and Medical Educator
Total time: 36 mins
Guest: Christine Cockburn, Cancer navigator; Head of Patient Support and Operations
Log your own CPD by following these easy steps:
– Listen to 30 minutes of Healthed podcasts
– Click on the Quick Log logo and follow the link to the RACGP website
– Log in to your myCPD dashboard
– Click on the Quick Log function to log your points
– A 30 minute podcast earns 1 CPD point
Enjoy this content?
Each fortnight, Healthed hosts a free webcast featuring leading experts on important topics for healthcare professionals. Register for the upcoming webcast by clicking the button below.
Register for the free webcast